Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do most TDIET women have jobs outside the home?

I'm not sure that I totally get today's strip. Obviously, I understand the premise. She's didn't put much money in, but wants to benefit as well. There are a lot of problems, though. This is TDIET. What are the chances that Annoya has a job outside the home? Probably slim. So really, Barfo's money is hers, anyway. Do they actually have their own checking accounts? And even though Annoya didn't put a lot of money in there, she did put the occasional coin in there. But it could've added up over time. So how can this be divided fairly? And I'd like to point out that unless that's all pennies (clearly not--the coins are silver), a jar that comes up to Barfo's waist should hold WAY more than just $205. I have a mug that I put my spare change in. It maybe comes up to just above my ankle. It probably has a good $10 in it. And that doesn't have any quarters in it. Presumably, Barfo's jar does. And honestly, if Barfo didn't want Annoya to get her hands on that money, he should've done something else with his change.

Yesterday's strip is yet another foray into the world of people who work from home, combined with the perennial favorite of retirement. (Probably just to contradict my assertion above about women not working in the world of TDIET. But Annoya was wearing an apron. I rest my case.) Anyway, at first I thought it was just about Fignewt having to deal with his wife entertaining while he's working. I just hope his office has a door. As for errands...well, no, Mrs. Fignewt shouldn't expect him to have the time to do that. But one of the benefits of working from home is that you can. I'm just saying. In any case, clearly he need to explain to his wife--again--the concept of working from home. And if it doesn't work out...well, they need to figure something out.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Fifi Meisner appears today!

And it makes me sad - I'm sure it's just the husband (who wouldn't LET her leave the house) who eats like a slob, and attacks her cooking one night - she's the waiter.

As for the $205 jar... that thing is huge! I cannot fathom placing change in something that big - how would you get it all out?

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In today's strip, Ragmop has cleavage, but his wife Loontuna doesn't.

Ey-oo! Why did I notice that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home