Friday, September 07, 2007

In summary, Shut up, waitress

Holy crap. What are in the after-dinner mints in today's strip that a handful of them contains 3000 calories? I would really, really love to know what the actual suggestion was for today's strip. Because I could see someone declining dessert and then taking a few mints, and I could also see how a waitress/waiter might look askance at that (if the waiter/-ress was, you know, judgemental). But honestly, declining a dessert that's hundreds of calories vs. grabbing a few mints that might be a hundred calories total? There's no real comparison there.

And do restaurants honestly have signs that point out that they have mints? I've never seen that before. Most people are observant enough when it comes to those things.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, people in TDIET-land do eat a lot of weird things, so I suppose they could have 150-calorie mints (assuming he's eating about 20 of them). Must be some kind of super-squid-mint or something.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MINTS --- PLEASE COME AGAIN.

I can't say I've ever seen that sign before. As for the mints, usually they're 10 calories apiece. Thus Barfwell has consumed 300 of them.

I've got the urge to mint Barfwell to the moon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home