Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's nice that someone was transcribing the birthday party

While I'm not a huge fan of today's strip in general, I am impressed with Al playing around with the format a bit. The flashback? Very nice. As for the content...it's strange. I kind of understand where Migraina's coming from; when you get a present, you don't open it and say, "Yuck! How awful!" On the other hand, she could've just said, "What a lovely top! Thanks so much for thinking of me" instead of detailing what she dislikes. And honestly, the clerk at the store doesn't really care why she's returning it. Is it in any way torn/stained/etc.? No? Then he doesn't care. I admit that sometimes I feel the need to justify why I'm returning something, though. But I'm weird like that. And I doubt Migraina is acting out of guilt, which is why I do it. (I have an overactive guilt complex. No, I'm neither Catholic or Jewish.)

In fairness, that is an awful shirt. But honestly, I'm not going to knock Migraina too hard. She was polite to her family members and not particularly rude to the clerk, so I'm good with her.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I want to know who sent this in.

I mean, we know the name, but who is it? Migraina? The clerk? The person who gave her the gift? Someone who went with her?

We've all returned gifts we "love, really, thanks", but what was the submission?

"My mother (or is Migraina that lady's daughter?) loved this gift because of the color (that's what she told the gift-giver) and told the clerk she hated it because of its color when she returned it! They'll do it every time!"


I agree, though, there is no issue here, as long as the gift-giver never finds out.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Forget what I said about her being their daughter, this is TDIET, not Pluggers.

But if she's their niece, she could be young enough to be their daughter.

Point is - you can't tell an adult's age in this particular comic universe without props.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I don't get why this woman is stuck with the name Migraina. It'd be one thing if she were being nasty, but who hasn't done this?

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't figure out that Migraina. Back in late May, she was a blonde with small children, then last week she was a brunette with a new husband, and this week she's a blonde again. With all the time she spends getting married and switching hair colors, how does she find time to exchange presents?

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Mathew Walls said...

That's women for you, always dying their hair instead of not looking in a box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home