Thursday, August 09, 2007

Except Brian IS perfect

Today's strip illustrates why people who are infatuated shouldn't marry anyone. No sane person believes that they like everything about a potential mate. And what is it with introducing a fiance/husband to the parents so late in the game? But really. If you seriously think "I love everything about this person," you're not mature enough to get married. Nobody's perfect. I mean, I'm sure that even though I currently think Brian Roberts is perfect** (cutest boy in the world!), when the day comes that we actually meet, then proceed to fall in love, etc., I'll find out that he has some habits that bug me. (Probably.) And I know that my parents each do things that annoy the other, but they're coming up on 40 years of marriage.

Anyway. I understand that Al is going for the contrast with "love everything about him" but all of those "hate"s in the bottom panel are a bit disturbing. I guess I should just be happy that she isn't telling him directly that she hates him--just all of his habits.

I can't feel too much sympathy for Nudnik, though. Clearly this was rushed, and he should've paused at his fiancee using the "love everything about him" line. He was just as deluded, and doesn't get any sympathy.

**I'm kidding. I know that he isn't perfect. If he were, the Orioles would probably be doing a bit better. Not that a .314 BA is something to scoff at. That being said, if any of you know him or have ties to the O's, send him my way! We're clearly Meant To Be.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, those crazy broads--all they wanna do is stop a fella from having a bit o' fun. They'll do it every time! Oh...yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home