Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm all about the disclaimers today

I admit that today's strip ventures into completely unfamiliar territory for me. I can't remember the last time I went to a yard sale. It's extremely possible that it was over 20 years ago, but it may have been a touch more recently. But don't most yard sales get more people than that? From what I've read (...in humor columns), there are people who spend their Saturday mornings going to yard sales and snatching up all the good stuff. But, as I said, I have no idea. I'd like this strip more if the woman were saying something like, "What? How can you not have [insert something insanely specific/hard to find]?" That seems to be a touch more realistic, but still humorous. Well, as humorous as these ever get.

But for all I know, this could be a completely realistic situation. I do love the moose head in the background. I would totally buy that!

(Side note: Is that a computer monitor I see? It might be a tv, but looks more like a monitor than a tv. Stop the presses, if it is a monitor!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the monitor to a Kaypro word processor built in 1960.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good gravy, that's a LOT of stuff jammed in there! Most yard sales that I have been to have it a little more spread out so you can actually *see* everything they're selling. Maybe that's because I live in the south, I don't know. But anyway, YES, people will ask if that's all you have to sell, sometimes the braver ones will try to peek in your windows to see what's inside ;0)

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yardsales are crap. Seriously, I hate them. Why would I want to go through somebody's trash? I could just wait till they throw stuff out and cut out the middle man. Heck, why not just drive to the dump and start digging?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home