Friday, July 20, 2007

When carts attack cars

I don't mind today's strip. (How's that for a glowing recommendation?) I don't think I've ever seen anyone just push the cart away like that; usually the problem comes when the cart is left in the front of a parking spot. You don't see it, so pull in, only there's a cart blocking the front third of the space. I hate that.

No, what really sells me on this strip is the passer-by who comments that it's the same guy who takes up two parking spaces. What a jerk. I also like "a pox on." You can't lose with that phrase.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't F. Fiorino do another strip about shopping carts? Something like the wheels kept locking in the store, then the cart flew outside the supermarket. I'm too lazy to look it up.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found the strip F. Fiorino sent in about shopping carts: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/tdiet.asp?date=20060817

(I am the same poster as above)

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That name, in connection with shopping carts, sounded familiar to me too. I followed Barb's "supermarket" tag and found this one too:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/tdiet.asp?date=20070209

Frank Fiorino in San Francisco sure does get annoyed at the grocery store a lot! It happens every time...

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only slightly less annoying is the winner who hooks the front wheels of his cart over the edge of the planter. The idea is that the cart won't blow/roll into somebody's car, but how fun must it be for the poor kid retrieving carts to always be pulling them out of the stupid planter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home