Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Return to Rachel Ray

Should we look at today's strip, or should we simply flash back to last October? I'm at the point where I kind of hope that Al looks at his suggestions and is all, "Seriously, another one complaining about tv chefs? I just did a strip about that! Don't you people have anything original to complain about? *sigh* At least it's not about waiting at a doctor's office."

Well, at least Al could be a bit original about it. But he's not. He uses the "turn the egg whites inside out and beat counter-clockwise" in both strips. And for some reason, Mrs. Barfwell is confused about the "counter-clockwise" part. If it were me, I'd be hung up on the "inside out" part of that instruction. I'm just happy that in today's strip, there is a valid complaint in that the chef actually said that the recipe would be simple, and it apparently isn't. That beats the previous strip, when the home chef just thought it would be easy. Although I will say "zucchini pot pie"? Ew.

Anyway, just check out what I said last October. Who knew this would get easier as time went on? This is going to get to the point where I just have to link to previous entries.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This "suggestion" came from his daughter, who no doubt reads it every day. I'm guessing he just put her name down instead of a box saying "Just mailing it in today, folks!"

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When making zucchini pot pie, the egg whites are always stirred clockwise! Any dolt knows that! Yeesh!

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaaah, this strip sucks. How lazy can Scaduto get? Better yet, how can *I* get a job that requires as little originality or talent as this?

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, a grass joke the other day and "pot pie" today. Al's got something on the brain. . .

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to mail each day's strip back to Scaduto as my "suggestion." I'll get my name printed in the paper for doing absolutely nothing original, just like Scaduto.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al should do a logical loop cartoon, where he admits that HE'LL Do It Everytime, and just run the same comic every day for a full month to see if anyone notices. Yas, yas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home