Friday, July 06, 2007

Flashback to last summer

I saw today's strip and immediately thought, "I've seen this before." And not in an "Al has used this general concept before" way. No, in a "Seriously, this is an actual reprint of another strip." Well...I was almost right. I spent a couple minutes staring at the two of them and wondering why Al actually went to the effort of drawing another strip when he had done this before, almost exactly. Maybe he just wanted to work on the bottom panel of the strip from last year a bit more, so focused solely on that. So since I'm already a bit cranky because it's Friday afternoon and I'm at work...just go back and read what I wrote (and what you said) last August. It'll save us all time.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think I've seen this one *twice* before. I'm almost positive the movie used to be _Blue Love_ instead of _Purple Love_.

Not that the color of the love matters, since "love" in Al's cinema consists of some doctor staring at the hefty bosom of some smiling nurse.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Tim Goral said...

It's a sad state of affairs when Al recycles jokes that weren't funny the first time (or second, if Bob is right).

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

The older one is much funnier. This one isn't even a joke.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

The "Coming Distractions" is what bothers me. Actually, the "Gripe of the day Dept" heading bugs me because MAD uses the same things, though much, much better.

I would not mind previews that are made up of previews for movies.

But they're not anymore! Ticket prices are insanely high, the popcorn is too expensive and last time I went to a movie, it sucked majorly.

Now they run commercialsfor actual products, not just movies. When we saw American Dreamz (don't), there was a preview for a TV show! (Some bossy British lady on TLC or some other self-righteous channel.)

I've also saw an ad for the Deadliest Catch during the previews of that movie.

But the best mixed up preview, ever, was an ad for the National Guard (or some other branch) before the anti-war documentary "Why We Fight" last summer.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday's TDIET: When Knockwurst falls off the stepladder and fractures his neck, wifey just stands by and rolls her eyes. The horror, the horror...

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Holy crap. There is so much awesomeness in the Sunday strip that I may have to blog it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home