Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Clothing perspective

I'm bewildered by the bedroom in today's strip. It looks like two of those closets are halfway up the wall. I'm wrong, right? My eyes just aren't seeing it correctly. After staring at it for a while, I think they're supposed to be on the other side of the room, and the perspective just seems a little strange.

And obviously Catastra doesn't have anything to wear. Look at those closets! They're full of multiple copies of maybe 2 or 3 dresses. Did she find a couple styles she liked, then bought in multiple colors? And it's a bad call, because those dresses are not attractive. Not that the women in TDIETland ever wear nice clothes, really.

This is kind of a variation on something we've seen before--the couple goes to the grocery store, buys a ton of food, then gets home and decides to go out to eat. Or, maybe it's between seasons. Like other people, I have two groups of clothes--summer and winter. I get very annoyed with my clothing right before I switch. So sick of it all. So I really can't get on Catastra about this. Do guys never look at their clothes and get annoyed?

And Al, please, never ever show us these people in their undergarments again.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Apparently today and yesterday's strips were submitted by Comics Curmudgeon readers. Are we his only audience these days?

There's a good TDIET in there somewhere. . .

"Snarky websites make fun of ancient misogynistic cartoonist, and then their readers give them material for the next ten years!"

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, life's a party, and we're dressed for it, right?

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: Only my porblem is, too often I'm NOT dressed for a party! Does that mean I'm not ready to live yet? :(

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, anyway, I think we can all agree that snark = fun and scaduto = lamestain, right???? :) :) :)

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the variation on the usual phrase. This one is "living on the brink." In upcoming strips, watch for "living on the fringe/margin/periphery/rim/crest/etc. etc. and ad nauseum"

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a very well-done drawing, but I blame the colorist for making it look like the closets are halfway up the wall: that sunburst gradient that the colorist has been doing lately spoils any perception that that might be a floor instead of a wall directly behind the bed.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then again, if those are supposed to be closets halfway up the wall, Catastra's wardrobe consists of extremely short dresses--there's a mental image for ya, eh?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Scanman said...

I think hubby looks pissed because the uniqueness of the closets suggest that he custom built it himself and his hard work all for naught

 

Post a Comment

<< Home