Monday, June 18, 2007

At least he'd be neat if she vacuumed his hide

Today's strip makes me wonder whether there's a divide here between the older and younger generations when it comes to chores. I admit that I, too, have indignantly done chores while hoping that a housemate would pick up on the cue and help. Even so, I can't feel too bad for the wife. Mrs. Leadbutt by this point should realize that he's not going to lift a finger without prompting. So she either needs to say something to him, or not get into a snit about it. I mean, at least he's offering to help, right? (Which reminds me of a story that I may have told before: So one time after dinner, my dad says to my mom that she shouldn't clean up after. "No," he said, "Barb can do it!" How very generous of him.)

Again, obviously it's not good that Leadbutt just sits there. At the very least, he could leave the room. But who knows...maybe he mows the lawn while she sits in a deck chair and reads a trashy romance novel.

And let's notice that it was submitted by a couple. Interesting. I guess they've been arguing about chores lately?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger General Mobius said...

Maggie and Patrick are commenters over at the Curmudgeon. You can read about them over there.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb--love the heading to this post. Thanks for the laugh!!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can run, scaduto, but you can't HIDE from barb's bitin snarkitude! go girl!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon. #1 here--Anon. #2, that's hilarious! Barb's comments are kind of "barbed," huh? Barb, did your parents know you'd turn out so snarkastic (pun intended)?? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home