Friday, June 08, 2007

Sounds like one heck of a meeting!

I'll be honest: Today's strip made me laugh. Well, not the strip as a whole, really. It was the phrase "cell telly." I mean, really--what's not amusing about that? Oh, Al. So on top of the current lingo.

"The urge to long distance him to the moon" doesn't make sense on a few levels. I realize that he's just going for a phone reference, but it's not like cell phones differentiate between local and long-distance calls. Maybe it's a reference to Catastra making long-distance calls? Possible, but we have no way of knowing.

And again, Cat, if it's pissing you off, just call out Leadbutt for his hypocrisy. Or at least point out that he can use his phone in the house while she's on the phone. It's win-win!

(And I'm including a "Loyal Order of the Caribou" tag, as I assume that's the "lodge" that Leadbutt refers to on the phone. I refuse to believe there's more than one of these organizations in TDIETland.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger General Mobius said...

When I first read the strip, I thought the wife's name was Castrata. That would make for an interesting entry.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger N said...

At least the punch bowl incident wasn't associated with Barfo this time. Maybe Barfo has earned himself more respect

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wise to the ways of the TDIET world, oh fan of the Orioles. Indeed, the Loyal Order of Caribou is the only lodge in Horsechester---yes, that's the name of the city all TDIET episodes occur in, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Oh, Yeah-h.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I hate that punchbowl thing. Can't believe it was just a toupee falling in it this time rather than some besotted lodge member. You need to make a "punchbowl" tag, methinks.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Rhetorica said...

Who calls a cell phone a "cell telly"? Seriously, WTF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home