Friday, May 25, 2007

Burger Boss is my fave!

I...kind of don't have much negative to say about today's strip. And God knows I've read enough angry Internet confrontations over the issue of kids in a restaurant that I don't particularly want to stray into it. It upsets me that Al used "Daffina" instead of "Daffia," which he's used before. I hate how he uses these slight modifications to names that don't make any sense to begin with. Also the use of "bistro" when he means "restaurant," because to me, "restaurant" and "bistro" don't necessarily mean the same thing. All bistros are restaurants, but all restaurants aren't bistros.

So...I'm not going to wade into the meat of today's strip, and will instead wish everyone a lovely long weekend.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the reason "they" do this sort of thing is because waitstaff have certain tables assigned to them, and if it isn't a very busy time (which it certainly doesn't appear to be), you may have only one server on duty, and so any customers will be seater in his or her section, and therefore close to one another.

The real solution here is to ban children from restaurants.

Well, that or just allow me to decide who can or cannot eat in restaurants. I'll weed those suckas out. ;-)

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel worse for the waitress. The patrons can leave as soon as they want, but the waitress has to deal with these people all night.

I hate kids in restaurants, but then I hate kids so I guess it follows.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lazy colorist: cartoon convention dictates that the "Wha'?" word balloon be filled white, not colored like the background.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dig that haircut on Little Hekkie (the kid who wants to go to Burger Boss). I've never seen a haircut like that before, except in TDIET. Kid looks like a middle aged midget freak from 13th century England. The kid has good taste though, Burger Boss is the best. Oh yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home