Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's all about the aunts

I can't help but sympathize with Migraina in yesterday's strip. I think part of it is that I don't have enough information. Is Aunt Elpina on Migraina's side of the family, or her husband's? Because if it's her husband's side of the family, honestly, he should know. She really should at least know how Aunt Elpina is doing...assuming that she hasn't been in the hospital long. To be frank, though, when my aunt was in and out of the hospital last year, I couldn't tell you what hospital or who her doctor was (and honestly, unless it's local, why should they know?). I generally knew how she was doing, but wouldn't necessarily know how long she would be in for. Yet, like Migraina, could at the same time give details about the lives of television characters ("a bad case of amnesia"?). I guess...that makes me a bad person? I'm not proud that I know as much random television trivia as I do, but that doesn't mean I don't care about my family. Dammit.

In today's strip, we contemplate the empty nest. Which is funny to me, only because today I became an aunt! Yay! That has nothing to do with TDIET, but I'm really excited about it. Honestly, I have really nothing snarky to say about today's strip, to the point where I'll ignore "J'ever". I imagine that is what the house feels like. At least at first. Then you get over it and enjoy not having to deal with those bratty kids. Particularly if you don't have their college to pay for anymore.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That radial gradient in the coloring on today's strip has the weird psychological effect of making the folks on the couch look like the floor is sagging, don't you think? But that's not Al's fault; gotta compliment him on the exaggerated emptiness of the house on this one.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'ever notice that Al gets paid for other people's ideas? Oh, yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home