Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Don't pick on Fido!

Wow. Is today's strip the first one that has focused on pets? Or even animals of any kind? Well, I guess it's better to laugh at an animal than at other people. Though most animals are cuter.

That being said, I can't really support today's strip. In the top panel, the dog could be running from the noise the air conditioner makes, for all we know. Or maybe it just doesn't like standing in front of a blast of cold air--unless I'm particularly warm, I don't either. Maybe it's the temperature of the air the dog doesn't like. Or maybe it doesn't like the breeze.

And yes, dogs do like sticking their heads out of moving cars. I had thought, though, that this didn't have anything to do with the wind--I thought they liked it because they could smell a lot of things that way. Everyone knows that outside = exciting! to many dogs. Also, the temperature of the air outside is probably about the same as the temperature in the car, and the dog probably had its head out the window when the car was moving slowly, so could build up to the wind.

I'm just going to hope that the submitter was joking.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always used to see "Balto" used in TDIET for dogs' names. Wha hoppen?!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Good memory! I did a quick search and found a reference to the strip from last September 4, which has Balto.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

Poochie?
The best name they could come up for a dog is f**kin' "Poochie"?
Any religious Simpsons fan will understand why I am so angry over this.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a huge problem with anyone who lets their dog hang its head out of the window of a vehicle...but then, I once had to spend $117 to have my dog treated for a miserable eye infection, caused by small bits of road gravel that got in there from, you guessed it, hanging her head out of the window.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home