Monday, June 11, 2007

The yoyoitis pandemic is over

I, for one, am happy to read about the cure for yoyoitis in today's strip, as it's been a plague on TDIETland since at least last July. I wonder why the couple is so interested in it--perhaps someone close to them died of yoyoitis? Really, I know that tv stations do that all time (pst, Al and submitter Charles--it's to make you sit through the entire show; I mean, you know you'll turn off the tv right after that story), but Al could've come up with a better example. Good ones are interviews with big celebrities, or shocking information about how air can kill you. It doesn't have the same pull when it's some random disease you made up to afflict characters in a soap opera.

And yes, I do recommend cartoons. Even ones not for the kiddies. Honestly, they're always a good antidote to the news.

The real clue that the couple shouldn't even be watching? The station is WDULL (which is one letter too many, but I'll let that pass).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WDULL? Does that mean all of these horrid people live east of the Mississippi? All we in So Cal hope so.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Who cares about the news, I want to know where he got that expanding beer-can. That's way more interesting than a cure for a deadly disease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home