Friday, June 29, 2007

At least the doc would up on the latest technology (if there is any in TDIETland)

Today's strip is a perfect example of why I get frustrated when I see that a strip is set in some sort of medical environment. Seriously, a strip about doctors who look young? It was annoying enough in a recent episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised to see it here--it's certainly something people have been joking about since the 1950s. It's just so over the top. For an artist who has problems making kids look young, Al sure does a good job here of making this guy look about 12. Why can't he do that more regularly???

And the comment of the nurse in the background just puts it over the top. Obviously this kid isn't ACTUALLY 15 or whatever. Although it's not like people in their 20s (...and 30s and 40s) don't play video games. But I imagine if a kid is a doctor at a young age, he actually is aware of his responsibilities.

This would make me happier if the doctor didn't look particularly young; it's just that the patient, in fact, just felt older. I mean, I look at college students and think they look young, when obviously they looked the same when I was in college. It's just that I got older.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

"Video games day off"? Grammatically, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Tim Goral said...

Doctor Kidicar? Mister Lastleggs? Al has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. That's what annoys me about these strips--Al takes a trivial observation that's not all that funny to begin with and tries to pile on the jokes to force the situation. Problem is his jokes aren't funny.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al just needs to die and put us all out of his misery.

Anyway, what's with the "Times change dept"? No, Al--times don't change in your sad little world.

And really--is Wednesday his day off from video games or his day off to play them?

Die! Die! Die!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home