Monday, June 25, 2007

I like the addition of the name Pestley

Ah, a return to the medical world in today's strip. And I really wish that Al would stop starting these things with "Ever happen to you?" because the vast majority of the time, no, it hasn't. I was going to compliment Al on not having the patient with a bandage around his head or arm in a sling, but then I realized that he explicitly says what's wrong with him, so...not so impressive.

Honestly, though, other than that...yes, that would be annoying. If anyone has more thoughtful opinions about it, feel free to sound off in the comments.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Tim Goral said...

I can't believe this is the first time Al has used this gag. I bet if there was an online TDIET archive, and I didn't actually have a life, I could find it in an earlier strip.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I'll admit that the "bilious" cracked me up.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bromos? WTF are they? Seriously, did people even use this screwed up jargon back in the 1950's, in which decade Scaduto is trapped?

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I've heard of Bromo--there's a Bromo tower in Baltimore (presumably where the Bromo company is/was headquartered). I don't actually know what it is, though.

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bromo-Seltzer Tower Building was owned by the Emerson Drug Company which made and sold Bromo-Seltzer...a pain reliever and antacid. You can still buy it. For most of us baby boomers...the greatest contribution of the Emerson Drug Company was FIZZIES!Remember those? Drop a tablet in cold water and you got an instant soda pop!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm only thirty and I remember those--remember them being quite sucky and not actually creating a carbonated beverage but merely a sort of Kool-Aid. Very disappointing to a kid. :-/

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Fizzies. Ah, sweet memories of yesteryear. Bromo-Seltzer! Bromo-Seltzer! Bromo-Seltzer! Oh, yeah-h-h-h.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home