Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What is that on Loafly's shirt?

I glanced at today's strip, and before reading it, figured that it would be something about how the boss is shocked that a slacker worker like Dragbutt would expect the boss to hire his lazy son. (I wouldn't hire someone named Loafly, either.) Of course, in that instance, if Dragbutt is such a crappy worker, the boss should've fired him ages ago.

Mind you, that isn't the situation. I guess the strip makes as much sense as my scenario. (Work's been crazy today, OK? My brain isn't functioning too well at the moment.) In either case, I really hope the boss doesn't hire the kid, and not only because his name is Loafly (which I'm now reading as "Low-fly"). I mean, the kid says "Duh" when being introduced to a potential employer. This does not look good.

I like how the employees are staring, stunned, at what Dragbutt is doing. I'd be horrified, too. They appear to work at some sort of factory, and I have to think that Loafly would increase the likelihood of an industrial accident.

I will comment that at least the phone on Mr. Bigwig's desk isn't rotary.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, and as usual this TDIET is one Al's done before. I'm not going to go dig it up, but I assure you it's an old one. That bastard!!!

I think it's some kind of bear or something on the shirt. Maybe it's. . .you're right--work has been horribly long and mind-numbing today, so I can't really come up with anything funny.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Loafly's haircut. I have never seen that haircut (or anything remotely resembling it) on anybody in real life. Oh yeah-h-h-h.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I HAVE seen a haircut like that. It strongly resembles Barbra Striesand's 'do back in the mid-60's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home