Thursday, July 12, 2007

I don't think the golf clubs fit in my car

What impressed me about today's strip is that it's actually season-appropriate. Spring has come and gone. Anyway, I can't get particularly worked up about this. Was Mrs. Arfo particularly counting on those vegetables, or is she just annoyed that Arfo is all talk, no action? If the latter, then it's probably just the latest thing in a long line of disappointments. I feel bad for her, but she's probably used to it. I like how Al is piling on Arfo--not only did he not plant the garden, but he's a crappy golfer, to boot. At least he drives a nice car.

On a different note, I'm taking a short break. I'll be back Tuesday. Tomorrow I head off for a long weekend with my sister and baby niece!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Could the commenters explain today's (7/13) strip to me? Altho I often don't find the strip funny, I think today is the first time I just don't get it.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/tdiet.asp?date=20070713
Is she speaking really slowly, or spelling? I don't get why the fact that she has a kid would make her talk slowly. And if she's spelling, she doesn't need to. No kids wants lowcal ice cream, and a blt isn't exactly "bad" food that a kid would crave.

And why are the two guys, like, slack-jawed with excitement over this whole exchange?

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Al just got carried away with the idea again. The submitter probably said that a co-worker who's the mother of a toddler tends to reflexively spell words like "candy" or "ice cream" at home so the kid won't get all worked up about it, and that behavior spills over into the workplace. But Al couldn't stop there. He thought, how about adding a sandwich, say, a BLT? (And what an example -- how is that different now?) Of course, he wanted to use the ice cream example too, but this is a woman he's talking about, and in Scaduto-land all women are just oh, so concerned about counting their calories, so of course it's a low-cal sundae.

Hoo boy, I am getting too into this. You'd think I was one of the slack-jawed co-workers.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm concerned about your car, Barb. It seems that the windshield is far too short. If a rock came up from the road while you were driving, it would hit you in the noggin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home