Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dumpy lawn, dumpy clothing

I kind of love yesterday's strip. It rags on the submitter and has snarky neighbors. Awesome! Honestly, though, if that happened to me and the talk of the neighbors was getting to me as much as it seems to be affecting that guy, I'd just suck it up and bring all the trash back to my garage. (Well, OK, I might leave some of the furniture out there. That would only look slightly dumpy.) And honestly, what was this guy doing that he was throwing all this stuff out? I can only assume that he just thoroughly cleaned and evaluated his house. Well, good for him. But hee hee. Judgmental neighbors. Love it.

And how awesome is Al's portrayal of "casual" work attire in today's strip? The only real difference between what Ragweed is wearing and what everyone else is wearing is the jacket. The other men (because women don't belong in the office, of course!) (except as secretaries) all have shirts and ties on, but the ties are a bit loose and the shirts untucked. That's not casual. Khakis and a golf shirt is casual. And I love the fuzzy pink sweater for casual Friday. I'm kind of torn on how I feel about the bottom panel. If this were a normal situation, I'd be all, "Well, tough, Ragweed, you shouldn't have ignored the e-mail." But this is TDIET, Land of No Computers, so it's quite possible that he just literally didn't get the memo about J.P. Honcho visiting. I do feel a bit bad for him; it does seem the sort of thing that could happen to anyone. Though again, we don't need to diss his coworkers. It easily could've been "Ragweed always makes an effort to look his best, but on a normally casual Friday..."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Lumberg]Yeah. . .did you. . .get? the memo? See, we're having the CEO here today. So. . .if you could just. . .go home and change? That'd be great. . .[/Lumberg]

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That trash strip happens to me at least once or twice a year.

Yeesh.

At least I don't say "Ulp."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home