Monday, August 13, 2007

What's up with the blue seat in my car?

I love the guy in the top panel of today's strip who's so enthusiastically saying, "It's so easy to read!" Wow, thanks, random guy! Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to figure that out. And of course it's easy to read. It's a town sign. The problem in the bottom panel isn't with the sign itself; the problem is with the grass blocking it. The expo boxes acknowledge that; hence the condemnation of the town for blowing big bucks. And I kind of hope it was the town that spent the money, not the county.

I feel bad for the kids in that town, unless the schools aren't "Dorksburg Middle" and "Dorksburg High." Can you imagine the rivalries? Poor traumatized children.

And hey, Trumbull should be lucky that the sign is that big. From what I remember of the "Welcome to Ridgefield" signs when I lived in Connecticut, they weren't nearly as easy to read as that sign is.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just knowing that the strip takes place in Dorksburg explains so much.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Imagine the school mascot. Go Fightin Dorks!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worse than grass growing in front of a city sign are street signs without the direction on them. Apple Valley, CA has no directions on any street signs as far as I know. WTH???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home