Monday, August 20, 2007

I don't want my car to have a specific make, Al!

In today's strip, we learn that people treat themselves differently than they treat their cars. Shocking. I guess it's bad because Barfwell treats his car better than he treats himself? Eh. I don't understand why Mrs. Barfwell is all, "How could you?" I mean, he's eating a lot--and randomly (oysters, chili, hot dog, and custard pie? Barfwell's going to live up to his name real soon)--but it's not something to get that worked over. I guess it'd be a concern if he always ate like that, but it almost seems like Mrs. B is more upset about him looking gross in public. That could just be my take, though.

And shouldn't it be "What kind of gas and oil I put in this car"? It's not like you put gas or oil in a car; you put in both.

Also, "din-din" is what a dog eats. Most of us humans have "dinner."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we're supposed to compare the way he treats his car to how he treats himself, shouldn't he be eating really cheap food? I mean, he should be at McDonald's or something, not a "bistro." (Though, admittedly, Al probably doesn't know what that word means anymore than he knows what any other word means.)

As for the oil--in Al's world, it's either or, I guess. You probably stop off at a "service station," run over that little line that rings that bell, and the attendant comes out, asks you "Fill 'er up, mister?," checks the tire pressure and the oil, and cleans your windshield. Must be nice, but living in Scadutoland, I'd think service stations would be small consolation for having to know people with names like Barfwell.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

No squid!?

I also don't get the wife's over-reaction here.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the wife's reaction is odd... It's pretty common to have chili and hot dogs together, at least as a chili dog. But what kind of "bistro" actually serves chili and hot dogs? Sometimes I wonder where Al goes when he eats out...

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I saw his wife's reaction as "Oh god, why did I agree to eat out with him? He always kills my appetite."

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lapsed Librarian: Are you suggesting that Al "goes out" anywhere? Given his work, I have Al pegged as a basement-dwelling shut in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home