Friday, August 17, 2007

Kids and repairmen these days

Not surprisingly, yesterday's strip is essentially a repeat, though I can't find earlier incarnations at the moment. I call foul on this, though. Admittedly there's already a pile of dishes there, but in this case, wouldn't it make more sense to order pizza or go out or something for dinner? I mean, why dirty more dishes when you know you won't be able to wash them? But yes, we get it, repairmen never come when they say they will, inconvenience, blah blah blah.

I can only assume that Wombo, in today's strip, is graduating from 5th grade, because that's about how old he looks. OK, maybe middle school. But readers, get ready for a shocking revelation: Sometimes people look different in pictures than they do in person. I know! I wouldn't believe it, either. Particularly when the photo in question is a formal shot like a graduation photo. What, you mean Wombo doesn't always walk around in a suit with neatly done hair? I am shocked and horrified! (Well, I am kind of horrified by his shirt--what boy who's older than 5 will willingly wear a shirt with a teddy bear on it???) I'm just going to ignore the, "Like yo, you guys!" Al, stop trying to write slang. It doesn't work.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's best to throw out your dinner if it has yellow smoke emanating from it.

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find it ironic Al's doing a strip about a graduation picture at a time when most schools are starting? Admittedly, the mother could have held off showing the picture for a few monthes for one reason or another, but I still found it odd.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Barb said...

It's like that strip in mid- or late December last year, when he had a strip about a birthday present that could've easily been transformed into a season appropriate Christmas or Hannukah present.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'NUFF SAID ... DO WE NEED TO SAY MORE? NO ... I DON'T THINK SO ...

I think Al literally phones in his strips each week. I think he said this to his staff over the phone and they wrote it on the comic, word for word.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just try to pronounce "W-who's that?" and not sound like a complete idiot. That would be "Wh-who's that?," Al.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nitpicks about Comic #1: Why is the lady holding the phone far away from her ear? Maybe the people on the phone are loud? And why is the repairman's hat all Sherlock Hlomes-ey?

Nitpicks about Comic #2: What is the black thing on Wombo's face? And why is everything he wearing 10 times too big for him? I know kids' clothes today are baggy, but come on!

And that's all the nitpicks I have for today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home