Monday, August 27, 2007

Lu's mom is as busy as my grandmother

Parts of today's strip make sense...but parts just confuse me. Really just one part--the "and often" in the bottom panel. I guess Mom frequently guilts Lu into calling, but also has a social life. I guess I just don't see the disconnect there. I wish my sister would call more, but that doesn't stop me from going out with my friends. Of course, I also don't leave her messages like that. I think Al should've had the message include the mother saying something like, "Is it asking too much to call your poor mother, all alone? I sit around and look forward to talking to you, etc." It would've come together much better, I think.

And Al, you don't "turn on" your "voicemail," particularly when by "voicemail," you mean "answering machine." Lu isn't on a cell phone, dialing into her voicemail. She's hitting "Play" on her answering machine. There's a difference. Al, feel free to drop me an e-mail, and I can go over the details.

(Although, honestly, it's stuff like that that makes reading this strip so charming.)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, feel free to drop me an e-mail, and I can go over the details.

haha as though Al would know anything about email! :-D

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Check out the far right corner of the strip! He has an email alscaduto2@optonline.net I emailed him a suggestion awhile ago, and he got back to me very quickly (alas my idea was not published yet, it was a seasonal one, and it was the wrong season for it to be published in).

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My mistake! I bet I could sell him a postage machine for email, though. . .

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grins* this one was adapted from my submission -- but in the original submission, I explained that my mom would get really upset if I don't call her at the same time every Sunday evening -- but whenever I called, within five minutes she'd tell me that she had to call me back because she had to go to the bathroom. And this went on for most of a year!

I think that the bathroom thing was just too much for a family-oriented feature like this one. So... the details were changed to protect the innocent.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Barb said...

TGD, that's awesome. And your submission makes a ton more sense than the final strip. Thanks for commenting--I love knowing how Al adapts the submissions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home