Monday, September 10, 2007

Well at home, you know it's a telemarketer

The most confusing thing about today's strip is the waiter's expression in the bottom panel. He looks, at the very least, amused. I mean, he's smiling. Maybe he figures that if these people are on the phone, they won't bother him too much? And God knows if I were a waitress, I wouldn't want to deal with the folks from TDIETland.

Anyway, I'm not so sure this is the case. There is a grain of truth in it, but I don't know that people who were adamantly anti-phones at dinner are now OK with being on their cell phones at restaurants. I do love the "Hee hee" when the woman realizes that both she and Lula are eating dinner.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvo? WTF? *my head asplode*

And what's with the look of junior in the top panel? Has he heard dad curse enough that "Oh, Daddy! What you said!" has become a simple, jaded roll of the eyes?

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I actually laughed out loud in a non-ironic manner at Saturday's strip; something about the little girl remembering "peanut butter" in the lower panel cracked me up.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, like Junor's expression in the top panel. Perheps there simply wasn't ample room for the "Oh Daddy! What you said!" voice balloon. But I really like panel two, where hubby is shoveling his food in so fast that bits and pieces are flying all over the place while he voices his desire to talk with Harvo---with his yap full of food, no less! Yeesh, what a slob! I'd like to Harvo him to the Moon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home