Monday, October 08, 2007

Maybe it's time for the waiter to retire

I'm baaack! Thanks for your patience--it's been a crazy few weeks. But now I'm back (literally and figuratively; I was actually in Atlanta for a conference last week). Whee! I'm just happy I return to a restaurant strip instead of a medical one.

And we have a waiter with some major anger issues. He should only be pissed if Daffeen (why not Daffina, Al? Or Daffia?) and Mr. Daffeen didn't tip him, and even then, the cursing is entirely inappropriate. I can only hope that the couple at the next table, who apparently has been staring in horror for the entire evening, is horrified at the waiter's reaction, not at Daff ignoring her food. Or maybe the waiter is just upset about wasting food.

Obviously this is not something that happens every time. People send food back fairly regularly, and this waiter should be used to it. Heck, I don't know if I'd tip him much--check out the sneer in the top panel! And what's "modom"?

Also, I don't think the woman can be sent "back" to the moon, as I doubt she was ever there in the first place.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, to be fair, I don't think it's possible to have the outside of a steak be rarer than the inside.

Also, MODOM = Mobile Organism Designed Only for Mastication

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no. MODOM = Maladjusted Old Dame Obviously Menopausal. ;-)

Welcome back, Barb!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home