Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Resurfacing briefly

Yes, I realize that I haven't posted in, and I'm estimating here, forever. I haven't died or fallen off the face of the earth. Work, however, has been insane lately, due to an upcoming conference. I've spent the past week or two helping other people prepare for it, leaving me next to no time to do my own work, let alone post about TDIET. However, I'm sure that if you randomly choose a posting from the archives, there's a good chance that the concept is the same as the strips that I haven't had a chance to recap. I should get back to a more normal posting schedule around Columbus Day.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all definitely miss you, Barb. It's only out of a fear of sounding needy that none of us has posted any "OMG! WHERE IS BARB!?!?" comments, I assure you.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know you aren't giving up the blog!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Can I comment on a strip in your absence? I'm intrigued by the fact that a year is mentioned in the 9/21 strip.

Assuming this is modern times (you know, modern times when women have dress up tea parties in their parlors), I would certainly be surprised to learn she was born in 1958, seeing as how her son looks about seven years old. She must have had him very late in life.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She must have had him very late in life."

Uh, 42 may be racing the biological clock a bit, but it hardly qualifies as "very late in life."

Unless, of course, you're in TDIET-land, where medical science hasn't progressed past 1948. And we STILL don't have a cure for galloping gallstones and yo-yo-itis!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Well, it's certainly later than average.

I was also under the impression that women in the TDIET marry young and have kids soon thereafter (much like in the FBOFWiverse); have we ever seen a work-related strip featuring a woman?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/tdiet.asp?date=20070930

I like the teenager reading a three year old's book, and commenting on the picture. I think he's high.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come baaaaaack......

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Columbus Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home