Thursday, January 04, 2007

Arrival of the squid tag

Sorry for the delay...Blogger was being a bitca when I tried to post during lunch today.

For today's strip, at the suggestion of an anonymous poster, I'm giving in and starting a squid tag. It's necessary. At least here Scaduto is making squid appear as some totally gross food. (Calamari, mmm.) Really, I'm not a huge seafood fan, but add butter, garlic, and oregano to anything, and I start drooling. Mmm, garlic. Where was I?

While the waiter is kind of scary in the top panel (it's the eyebrows!), the diner really is out of line. But from what I've gathered, chefs don't necessarily agree to everything the diner requests. I can't really get too worked up about this, though. Maybe it's because I just ate (Chinese, mmmm) or maybe it's because I'm a bit sleepier. Or maybe because I'm at home, so am less easily annoyed than when I'm at work.

I will point out, though, that the chef brandishing that knife doesn't imply "broil." It implies "fillet." Hee! I slay me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hatchet chef scared the crap out of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home