Thursday, December 21, 2006

Al gets political

Newsflash from today's strip: Politicians can be hypocritical. I know, I know. You're shocked. What? They might say something they don't mean? I'm so confused! There, there. Thank God we have Al to tell us these things.

I mean, really. Does anyone really expect the guy conceding to be all, "I'm so pissed off. I deserved it. Lugger is an idiot and a jerk"? No. And you know why? Because as soon as Nudnik says that, he gives up any hope of getting elected, because by getting mad at Lugger, he's getting mad at the people who elected Lugger. The people who, possibly, in the future, may be voting on Nudnik again.

Having said that, I love Nudnik's cadence when he's bashing Lugger. It would be slightly better if, instead of, "...is a liar--not only a liar, but a downright crook--a demagogue...a lying, crooked demagogue." It should be "Lugger is a liar. Not only a liar, but a crook. Not only a crooked liar, but a demagogue. Not only a lying, crooked demagogue, but a..." and so on. Too bad he's not giving us any reasons to think Lugger is a lying, crooked demagogue.

And...I can't type demagogue one more time. I'm almost impressed Al used it in the first place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more amazed that the guy watching the TV is wearing a suit and tie. This guy must like TV a LOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home