Thursday, December 14, 2006

What does Al know about real life?

I hate strips like today's strip. I mean, I really have no reaction. Yep, I agree with it (which, OK, is a bit shocking unto itself), but it's already been pointed out a bajillion times. I mean, is anyone honestly going to read this and go, "Yeah! That does always happen! I never noticed that before." I do continue to be annoyed with Al's depiction of life on the streets. Unless you're driving in midtown Manhattan during rush hour, the street probably isn't going to look like that. And, of course, all the cars look like they belong in 1969 or so. So that's fun.

But really, I got nothin'.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the dialogue today was a lot less stilted and more natural-sounding than it usually is. The one expection is the "J'ever" right at the beginning.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...you're not even going to mention the appearance of your favorite car, the black convertible?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Tybalt said...

All of the movies I like to focus heavily on the mundane daily activities of the characters, like shaving, walking the dog, and parking their cars. As a result, I have never noticed such a thing.

My favorite thing in movies is the one-third of each character's screen time that is dedicated to sleeping; this allows me to get more things done while the movie is playing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home