Monday, December 11, 2006

This comic not brought to you by Philip Morris

Oh, huzzah. Today's strip ventures back into the world of medicine. Thankfully it's not bashing the medical profession, so that's a plus. As someone with asthma, I can say that $125 for an inhaler is outrageous. I'm going to assume that either Buttbrain doesn't have insurance (although I'm not sure that my inhaler is that much even without insurance kicking in) or that this is some sort of very specialized inhaler. And he doesn't have insurance.

And do cigarettes really cost that much? I have no idea. And if they are that expensive, geez, people who smoke should never complain about not having money. Yes, yes, addiction, I realize that.

Point? Buttbrain's a jerky idiot. Maybe you wouldn't have to blow $125 on an inhaler for your son if you gave up smoking.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cigarettes cost that much in Washington, the strip's source, but they have the third highest state tax on cigarettes, so $40.50 of that $93 is tax. It still seems a little pricey to me, but since I can't imagine Scaduto giving a too high price, my guess is that the strip sender-inner included a number.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

This strip actually goes beyond the "human foibles" real and imagined, that we get from Scaduot. Buttbrain ought to be beaten within an inch of his life for smoking when he has a kid with asthma in the house.

Also, asthma is no laughing matter, Al, so let's not sully the internet with further japes.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my former roommates has asthma and is also a smokeer. I was like, "D00de, WTF?"

I'm assuming his asthma is relatively mild...

Oh, and if you google "sully the internet", this blog is the #1 hit. We've got quite the meme on our hands, people!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Personally, I'm very fond of the word "japes."

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah cigs are about that much in the DC area..I remember once at the 7-11 seein an illegal alien buyin 10 cartons for his buddies in the van outside..and it was $450. I get my pot cheaper than that.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scaduto thinks the joke is that Dad will complain about spending money on his son's inhailer, but that no price is too high for his own smokes.

I really think the fact that Dad is causing/aggrivating his son's asthma is lost on Scaduto.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I love that this blog is the lead "sullier" of the internet. It was such a pure and pristine space for intelligent discourse up until now. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home