Thursday, November 30, 2006

From the size of the bed, I'm guessing Mom is single

Today's strip raises an interesting question: Do moms actually take naps? I don't think my mother ever did. I guess she possibly did when I was a baby, but certainly not when I was old enough to cook for myself. Which isn't to say that no mom does, but...I've just never experience this. I've always assumed that should I ever have kids, I'd have to give up napping.

But really, if this situation happens enough, you just ignore the kids asking questions. When I'm taking a nap, I ignore the phone. I used to get up and answer, but I don't anymore. After the phone stops ringing, I just drift right back off. It's lovely.

On the other hand, judging by the fact that this is TDIET, I'm thinking that Mom should maybe be supervising her kids in the kitchen. I just feel like this is bound to end badly. The mom kind of annoys me in this; it's just how kids are. Like, the way I'd be having problems with my homework and ask my mom come over to help me, but as soon as she got there, I'd realize how to do it. That's just how it works.

I'm happy, though, that at least the food items they yell up are decent.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, my mom used to take naps, and my sister, who has a five year old, does. Of course, my mom would have yelled something about getting a bowl of cereal if we were so hungry, and went back to sleep. By the time we were old enough to use the micro, we knew better than to wake her up.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Same here, my mom took naps, still takes naps.

So do my sister and I, it's winter, I've got chronic health problems, Becky just likes sleep.

And Becky is much worse than the invisible kids in the strip.

She'll go in Mom's room and say "Can I do this?" even though Mom's already said yes, no, go jump in a lake before she went to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home