Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mmm, cookies

My absolute favorite part of today's strip is that the husband's name is Fignewt. As in the cookie, I suppose, though I don't understand what that might mean about his character. Anyway, I don't remember seeing him before, butI'm tagging this entry with his name in the hope that some day, we will see Fignewt again.

I can't imagine that Pestina and Fig made it to marriage before discussing previous relationships. Isn't that the sort of thing that starts to come out when people are dating? Not necessarily in depth, of course, but most people would at least mention an ex or two. Those relationships help shape future relationships. It is fantastic how she seems to be asking him in passing, as she wanders through the room.

What's not plausible is that he's all, "Oh, I don't remember." Suuure, Fig. I can understand not really wanting to talk about it (and being confused as to why Pestina is asking now). The correct thing to do here is to say, "Only a couple, honey, and they were nothing compared to you." Then go back to watching your commercials in peace.

And why does the expo box assume that Lula Patoot is an old flame? Fig only mentions her name. Pestina's reaction is obviously over-the-top, but I probably wouldn't be too pleased if my husband had been that evasive after I asked about his old girlfriends.

Also of note is the fact that either the chair is a swivel chair, or Fig and Pestina got matching chairs for all the televisions in the house.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I loathe this comic, but I kinda laughed at today's strip. I totally do that. Only I'm curious about my sig-o's former girlfriends, and he only wants to talk about one, whom I know and can't freaking stand.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Marion Delgado said...

this was funny on "tomorrow's" TDIET from the CC blog comments:

"Dimwitty takes the missus out for a drive in a Soap Box Derby loser, BUT–gedda loada his supersized black and white TV set!"

Oh, yeahhhh

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm disgusted at today's comic- That's a toddler?? What a manly [Tdite] looking one.Looks like an old man in the last panel. Take a kid out when he's crying, eh?
What a manish face and head he holds on such wee shoulders.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, Fignewt didn't marry the old flame. The happy couple's home town paper (and you can be sure that there's a TDIET hometown paper) could have run "Patoot, Fignewt to Wed".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home