Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm just dumsquizzled here

Ahh, today's strip is yet another about kids and their messy rooms. I notice that there's no "Thanks," so I guess Al came up with this one on his very own. Good job!

Can anyone figure out who we're supposed to sympathize with in this one--kids or parents? It's hard to tell when Al goes into sarcastic mode. Honestly, I'm kind of baffled. I keep going back to "After all, it's your room." I think that might be the crux of the strip, because while it is the kid's room, the parents are paying for it. I don't know. I certainly didn't keep my room particularly neat when I was a kid, but it never got that bad. Are those dirty dishes in the bottom left corner? I think that's where I draw the line; when there's food sitting in the room, that just leads to badness.

Really, I'm just confused by this. I'm not going to go into my annoyance at the expo box. So any comments would be most welcome.

(Hmm, the "so much character" might be another indicator.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what he's doing reading
the back cover of a comic book.
The one in the oloder strip could pass for folding it right over, but today's
kid has a hard-cover one.. there's really not much on the back.
Maybe this could lean from the expo box;
he's closed the book and is listening
to dear mother's praise on his original feng shui.
I'm surprised there's no rodent infestation or the usual cobwebs.
Who keeps that trend about wearing backward caps so often? Moms seem to always be wearing a household apron when doing something 'motherly'... at least he seems to have a school bag there and is wearing clean shoes.
I agree with a yesterday's comment; he should grow some stubble in the passing time.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Marion Delgado said...

She's either using a personal massager or tranked to the gills or she's a Stepford mom, for starters. Best interpretation: she has a grunge fetish and ... you know, there IS no best interpretation. I think this is the nadir of Scaduto weirdness.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another character saying, "Yes-s-s-s". What the hell, that's so creepy and serpentine-sounding. How in the world does Scaduto think yes-s-s-s is pronounced?!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

No, not a Stepford mom.

One of those would have cleaned the room while Loppie dear was at school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home