Saturday, November 04, 2006

Television trumps a leaky faucet. Duh.

I really don't know why I was surprised when I read today's strip and was all, "Really? Do people actually act like that?" Honestly, I astonish myself sometimes.

OK, I admit that I may have had a bit of a breakdown when I moved and the cable guy came and said that, basically, I wouldn't be able to watch tv for another three days. But in my defense, I was stressed from moving and it meant I was missing a bunch of season and series finales. It was very upsetting!

But honestly, I was also not pleased when I realized that the sink in my bathroom leaked. Sure, I could work around it, but that certainly concerned me more than the tv issue. I don't know that I'd be as unconcerned about the plumber not showing up as the couple in this strip. And honestly, do people get upset when a repairman is a mere 45 minutes late? I'm happy if they show up in the 3-hour block they predict.

I also find it a bit odd that the plumber has a company name, but the tv repair guy doesn't. And do people even go and repair televisions in homes anymore? Everyone I know who's had to have a tv or computer repaired had to bring it to a store.

I do like "That's diffo!" for "That's different!" I really need to add more TDIET lingo to my everyday conversation.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love how it says "TV REPAIR" on the repairman's shirt. And he's wearing a bowtie, and a hat I haven't seen since television shows from 1952. Holy crap!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Two days late?

The plumber's two days late?

You call the company the day of the appointment - before he's supposed to come to make sure everything's okay, after the appointment time to find out WTF, and an hour later, again, to say WTF and "Hello, Mr. SnakeDrain didn't show up today, it's quite urgent, the disposal's backed up into the downstairs bathtub and toilet and there are potato peels everywhere, I'm reporting you to the BBB if you don't send someone now! Also, my dad and my stepmom are cops, get the picture?!"

We actually had the problem I described, and because it involved the city's pipes, they came out the day we called and it cost nothing but the money we poured down the drain in the form of foams and stuff.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first read this particular TDIET way back in the early 1970's, and I never forgot it, thanks to the expression "That's Diffo!" Much as I liked the expression I never encountered it again before today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home