Monday, October 30, 2006

Fashion in the land of Scaduto

I am so easy sometimes. Sad as it is, the husband's expression in the bottom panel of today's strip totally made me melt. It's probably because we so rarely see someone in TDIET smiling, much less smiling and being nice to his or her spouse. It probably also helps that she does look absolutely wretched in the top panel, so I'm kind of on his side.

Dear Lulula,

It doesn't matter if something is "the latest style" if you look horrible in it. Skinny jeans are also the latest style, but you won't see me trying to wear them.

Kisses,
Barb


Which is not to say that his blow-up in the top panel or hypocrisy in the bottom panel are OK. Because they're not. But I can't really get worked up about this when I totally agree with him.

As for what's in style in the world of TDIET...I don't even want to think about it. I mean, look at Lulula's closet. It's like some horrible combination of the 1920s (for length and cut) and the 1970s (paisley?).

Seriously, hubby's expression in the bottom panel makes me happy, so I'm just going to stop thinking about it and embrace that a character is looking at his spouse with affection.

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a obviously a very kind-hearted person, finding anything positive to say about this very strange, alternate Scaduto universe. I wonder where Scaduto spends his days. Can he look around him and see people garbed like those he draws? Does he hear people uttering the words and phrases he uses? Even in the 40s and 50s people were never quite like the oddities he draws. Could he indeed be from some horrible anti-matter universe? I can think of no other explanation.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to ruin your optimistic look at today's "comic" but when I read it I totally imagined that at the end the husband was being sarcastic. "Oh, you need a dress to wear? Why don't you wear this one, you just look GREAT in it!"

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is that man cross-dressing in the purple dress...?

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I'm in the minority here, I'm sure, but I think she looks fine in the purple outfit, whether or not it's in style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home