Saturday, October 28, 2006

Darn those teens and their helpfulness!

I can usually see where an idea for a strip came from. The execution doesn't make sense most of the time, but generally, I can see a kernel of truth. But today's strip? No. There are seriously parents out there who yell at their teenager for helping out around the house? In either situation--either before or after the fact. There is just nothing about this that rings true. I'd think parents would be doing the dance of joy if a teenager did something like clean out the garage (although I can understand perhaps having issues with how the chores are carried out--if it involves getting rid of stuff, that maybe should be a family chore).

This just doesn't make sense and deserves no more thought.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

However, I have done the wrong chore a few times.

I'm home sick, see, and I can't stand the messy kitchen, so if I feel up to it, I clean it. Little sister comes home, "Mom wanted me to clean the kitchen! Thanks, though."

Plus, there is the "You are on bed rest, young lady." part, neither of which applies to this poor kid.

Though the garage... maybe he chunked dad's playboy collection from the ...70s? ...50s? ...bra ads from the 20s?

Even if that's the case, it still makes no sense, oh-h-h-h yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home