Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yes, I made it sunny

Today's strip kind of deals with one of my hot topics: meteorologists. Or, really, criticism of them. It drives me up a wall when people complain that the meteorologist predicted 6 inches of snow and we only got a dusting and what do these people get paid for?! Because nature is so easy to predict. Geez. Sorry, it's just that complaining about this is practically the Official Winter Hobby for Washington.

Anyway. That's not what the strip is about. Is this really the case? I guess a lot of time the meteorologist will use "we" (e.g., "Well, we've got a great weekend coming up"). And some of what he's saying isn't that bad--"I've got a sunny weekend", "I assure you today will be great." I don't know that I've heard a meteorologist say something like, "I'll give you..." because that's stupid.

And speaking of stupid, "Earth warming seems to be playing a dirty trick on us"? It's global warming, Scaduto. Geez. And while I have heard stuff like, "Mother Nature dealt us this awful day," I have heard the "And Mother Nature is smiling on us" sort of thing.

But really, even if everything in the strip were true (except, of course, the global warming issue), I don't really have a problem with it. Meteorologists have to deal with people's wrath enough; I'd try to deflect the blame as well.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

J'ever notice a high percentage of these squares of crap called "comics" are about TV?

Someone needs to email Scaduto a copy of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naw... This is a commentary on all the rich, tea-sipping War-shington elitists who keep claiming that the Earth is getting warmer, when we all know it still gets doggone cold in the winter! hehe...

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, quackslikeaduck, I can just see that as a TDIET:
Didya'ever-n'tice?
Every year, the local wedder wizz yaks about dis so-called "earth-warming", buu-uu-uut....come winter..then-what? Yep, colder again, oh yeah!

As little focused as Scaduto is, he probably wouldn't understand any of it and would just publish it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home