Monday, October 02, 2006

Do people even wear aprons like that anymore?

I'm not sure what to make of today's strip (though I'll admit that part of the problem might just be that I'm a complete idiot today, as evidenced by how I mixed up two coworkers earlier and have lost most of my ability to process thoughts in any sort of orderly fashion) (I've been kind of stressed lately, sorry).

Anyway.

It totally grates that this guy comes home from work expecting his Happy Homemaker Wife to be all, "Sure, honey, sit back and relax! Have a cold one! I'm only here to cater to your needs!" And yeah, if I were her, I wouldn't make a special trip to the store to pick up a six-pack for him, when he possibly could've just as easily picked one up on his way from work.

On the other hand, though, I can't imagine that she had that many things to pick up and errands to run and didn't do them. Maybe they weren't urgent? Maybe something else came up? Because it is valid for him to go to the store just to pick up beer. Particularly since dinner is probably soon.

So, as is typically the case, they both annoy me.

Luckily, I was easily distracted by the large pile of dishes that Migraina is carrying. What do they need all those dishes for? My theory is that they had a dinner party the previous night, so she's putting away the china, which is stored in a case in the dining room. Just go with me people.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The point of the strip is that Ragmop had asked his wife to pick up a sick-pack while she were shopping, but she didn't want to go to shopping, lies that she wouldn't go to the store for "just one item" and then, BAM, slides in with the entire shopping list and errands she forgot to do.
This is one of those "living-on-the-edge" strips, just missing a "The urge to pick-her up, but for good!" box.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six pack O'BRIEN???

Maybe while he's out shopping, he'll also pick up a few bagels Silverstein.

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do people even wear Hats like that anymore?? especially with what appears to be a business suit. The "Bottle O' Brew" reminds me of that Styx tune "too much time on my hands" from 1981.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home