Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's all about priorities

Oh no no no. Today's strip is another hospital strip. Geez.

Are we seriously supposed to feel bad for these people who bought all this stuff, took time off work, and didn't bother checking to make sure the person was still in the hospital? And really, what's the problem? Just go to the friend's house! You obviously have some free time. Are you actually mad that someone being released from the hospital didn't call you? Because I'm sure that this person's top priority is calling all of their friends.

Also, I hate it when people use "thru" instead of "through."

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know those movies where somebody gets so mad at the bad guy that they turn evil themselves? I think you're starting to sound like Scaduto.

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hortense Wrinkleneck. Of the Horsechester Wrinklenecks. I took time off from work to go visit her at the hospital. Alas, she wasn't there---she had checked out yesterday. I said, "Eh! What are you gonna do?" Life sure is funny sometimes. I went over to her house later to pay her a visit, but I ate all the chocolates I had bought for her on the way there. At least I still had the flowers, which she appreciated. Now I gotta go work off all those chocolates I ate.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Jughead" from the Archie strips real name was "Hortense"..how do you make a Whore Tense??? "Dont Pay her!!!" Ha ha...by the way that Nurse with the 50's Nurse hat just committed a $100,000 Health Information Privacy Protection Act violation by just letting someone know old Hortense was even in the hospital...she coulda been in there for breast implants,genital wart ablation, AIDS treatment...

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Kardex file(!) that the nurse(!) is using to check patient status. I mean, 20 years ago when my mom was a volunteer at the hospital, they looked that stuff up on the computing gizmo.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember Jughead's real name being "Forsythe", but maybe "Hortense" was a minor character in the Disney universe (maybe the wife/girlfriend/sister/pal of Horace Horsecollar?)

I suppose I could look this stuff up, and I will after I post this message, and undoubtedly so will many of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home