Saturday, September 23, 2006

Psst, this is why there are locksmiths

Scaduto really needs to stop including "Ever happen to you?" in his strips, because it makes me want to just say, "No" and be done with it.

Anyway, no, what happened in today's strip has never happened to me. I once locked someone else's keys in her car, and I've locked myself out of my apartment, but no, this situation has never happened to me.

And as it appears in the strip, it never would happen. They're going shopping! Why would the woman leave her purse on the seat? What woman would ever leave her purse on the seat? That's just asking for it to be stolen, and we all know that.

But otherwise, yeah, that sucks. And...that's all I have to say, really. Too bad they weren't in that convertible that Scaduto loves so much.

Oh, and really, who actually says "Gulp"? Makes no sense, but I shouldn't be surprised.

6 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People used to accidently lock their keys in the car - before remote control access.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that nice? It's no 'sooper market' or some such jab at it.
And they're in their Sunday best with hats to keep their hair.

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...I'm totally absent-minded enough to lock the keys in the car with my purse. I've had to attach a spare key to another part of the car just to ensure I can still get in, and I've had to do this twice. I imagine the woman here did what I'm prone to do. And no, a lot of cars still don't come with remote access and it does you no good if you're insane enough to lock the remote up.

That said, this situation is odd for a strip like this. Shouldn't they be complaining about someone? If they're complaining about the woman, then why ignore the man who just did the same thing? If they're complaining about people making an incredibly common mistake, they're really asshats.

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another unusual move is a woman
drawn like a woman.
No hat/fancy cooking apron!

Still, the guy's comment is within earshot when speaking to his boss:
"Nice party, boss- heh heh! Who's the hot, hot mama with the knockout bod?"
Of course, she seems to be the only girl there.

And then there's the teen [midriff!] with a punk guy named Knuckles.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't most cars actually unlock the front, driver's-side door if you lock it then close it to prevent this very thing?

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it, but I've locked my keys in the car a few times, and I'm not slick enough to know how to break into my own car without breaking windows...so DUH after saying "DOH" you sheepishly call one of the many locksmith shops that specialize in this service..its usually only $20-30 since they don't have to make you a new key..you just have to endure the mocking looks from the pimply faced "Locksmith" who uses the slimjim to unlock your door..That Onstar thing is just a kindler gentler version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home