Friday, September 29, 2006

Her baby sister will be named Flora

I love the fact that today's strip was sent in by someone wishing to remain anonymous. I guess Mr./Ms Newark doesn't want his/her kids to find out how much they annoy their parents.

And can I tell you that I am shocked, SHOCKED! that the Groaners have allowed their precious young Fauna to have a boy over. Totally improper. What were they thinking? Clearly this child is out of control. And as was pointed out by an anonymous poster, Fauna and her friends are listening to that happenin' music ("Yeah, yeah, bay-be!") on a record player. When Scaduto's handlers clued him into the concept of cell phones, they clearly forgot to mention the recent upgrades in music technology. Mind you, I love listening to records. There's something about the scratchy quality that I like. (Seriously.) But, wow. No. I am happy that at least he didn't draw little cracked notes to indicate that the music is bad.

Unless...Fauna is going through a phase where she's listening to her parents' music, which they have only on record. I did this myself, and wound up listening to my dad's Beatles records. But I don't think Mr. Groaner would call that a "racket."

This is another case of the whiner just needing to say something. Mrs. Groaner, you are her mother. If they're too loud, tell them. Or...go to another part of the house! (Though, she might not want to stray too far, with that boy around.)

For the actual concept of the strip...yeah, it does happen a lot. We often idealize things when they're gone. It's natural. And I don't really think worse of the Groaners for their general attitudes. I don't have a problem with the concept of the strip. It's the execution.

And why does Fauna have a picture of herself on her nightstand?

5 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the record player away from Fauna and her friends and give 'em a bong. That'll quiet them down.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A theory:
They'll Do It Every Time is actually a scornful treatise on the pathetic lives of serial complainers...

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This strip blows.

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how it is in the US at the moment but here in the UK records are actually coming back in a big way with kids saving up to buy record players and a large number of new releases being stocked on vinyl as well. So maybe Scaduto *is* on to something. But probably not...

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all y'alls is wrong. fauna and co. is listenin to an excuse seventeen / heavens to betsy split 7", and that boy is a dyke. scaduto is original riot grrl material, and youse a buncha poseurs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home