Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Al probably saw these guys build the pyramids

Wow, those sure are some jaded kids in today's strip. I remember having work done on my house when I was young (8 or so), but I don't think I was quite that cynical about the whole process. I'm kind of blown away that they're talking at all. What Scaduto is doing, really, is having them talk for him. Because he couldn't figure out where else to put in an exposition box, he had to have the kids say it for him. On the one hand, I applaud him for it, because dialogue > exposition box. However, this is nonsensical. I don't imagine kids really being like this, though I could be wrong.

As for the concept of the strip, well, it's a stereotype. I have no idea whether this type of situation still pops up with any sort of frequency, having spent the past 6 years living in apartments I've rented and the 4 years before that in college dorms. The work that's been done on my apartments has been pretty prompt. Not that this necessarily means anything.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two guys building the pyramids on their own, no matter how long it took, seems like a pretty impressive acomplishment to me. Not sure how this is a rip on their work ethic.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

For someone named Paul Cassano, of East Meadow, NY, the person who sent this idea in is strangely oblivious when it comes to what is obviously a Mafia-run contracting firm.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on Scaduto's knowledge of childhood development, shouldn't the children be saying something along the lines of "Deedledeedle poopoo"?

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one who has spent the last year repairing Hurricane Katrina damage, I can definitively say that this is something They Will Do Every Time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home