Thursday, September 28, 2006

That is a HUGE scarf

Wow, can you still get scarves for only $1.99, as illustrated in today's strip? I'd make some comment about that being a lot of money in Scaduto's world, but Loopina knows that it's cheap, so obviously that's not the problem.

The whole situation fascinates me, honestly. I want to know how old Loopina is. Because how old are you when you start paying for your friends' birthday presents? I'd say that in elementary school, my mom definitely paid. After that, I'm not too sure.

In either case, if Loopina is the one paying for it, why didn't she go with her mom to help pick it out? Really, that's what makes me think that Loopina is fairly young; when kids are little, their parents go out and randomly select the presents. (I think. Honestly, it's all so vague to me at this point that I really don't know.) And I wonder how much Loopina's allowance is?

Anyway, I can't really be too upset with Loopy--she's a kid. A bratty kid, but hey. If my parents paid for my friends' presents, I'd want them to buy good stuff, too; when I'm paying the bill, they're not getting stuff that's quite that nice. Sorry, friends! I'm broke!

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loopina looks like a middle-aged midget drag queen.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the next strip, the parents actually named their girl Fauna,
and she and her friends seem to be listening to a RECORD player.
Geez. Don't know how they can be positioned in the room like that
and why boys seem to have girly hair or capped heads.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew a Fauna Groaner in high school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home