Monday, November 20, 2006

Hey, at least she's happy now

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see Mama Migraina in today's strip. Is she the mother of Migraina? If so, then I guess this guy is Migraina's (no-name) brother. Or is she Migraina as a grandmother?

When I saw "The gravy is done" followed by "so is the pasta," I got excited, because I just found out that some people refer to the tomato sauce on puts on pasta as "gravy." Which I find weird, but whatever. So anyway, I was happy, because it ties in perfectly with some newly acquired linguistic trivia. Too bad that the gravy could be your normal meat gravy, to go on the roast. So now I'm trying to figure out if it's pasta, like, the flavored noodles that I frequently eat as meals? That makes more sense, because initially I was picture a plate with roast and spaghetti on it.

And wow, there's a legitimate grammatical error here: "I've get the table--all set to eat"? What? I assume he meant to write "I've got," but nobody picked up on it. That's just a blatant proofreading overlook. (See! Barb am good with grammar, too!)

The baby is scary. I guess it's supposed to be hair, but that looks like a horn sticking out of his head. I do love how the family is looking on in horror. Which is understandable, because Mama Migraina there is manic. Like, unhealthily so. If I were them, I'd take her to a doctor.

Or not. Because that would just lead to more medical-themed strips.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger BluelineGoddess said...

I'm in agreement with izzy.

As a kid, one of my grandparents would make noodles with roast and meat gravy. It was delicious.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when he puts "heh heh" in the narration.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I read "I've set the table, all set to eat" which is redundant, but sort of makes sense if you read it in a a manic, "rainman" voice. I wonder if Mama needs her lithium.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, mental illness or autism is no laughing matter. Please do not sully the internet with your japes.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming almost everyone reading these comments is familiar with joshreads.com and the numerous in-jokes that have arisen over there, some of which are even available on T-shirts and the like.

"Please do not sully the internet with your japes" is quickly becoming a favourite in-joke or catch-phrase for me. If you google the string "sully the internet", the relevant earlier post from this blog is the #1 hit!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Scanman said...

But she's so happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home