Thursday, November 16, 2006

A dinner dance doesn't seem like a formal affair to me

One of the most interesting things (OK, the most interesting thing) about today's strip is that the submitter's female. Is this something that she does herself and knows that it annoys her husband, or is this something she sees her friends do? Or...maybe she's gay and her girlfriend/wife/life partner does this! That would be awesome, because I somehow doubt that Al's too fond of homosexuality.

Anyway. I'm having mixed feelings about the top panel. On the one hand, with certain people--particularly people in the land of TDIET--it's probably a good idea to get a second opinion an on outfit, and I think most women wouldn't mind their husbands asking for an opinion about a tie. On the other hand, if he always asks for her approval, that is annoying. Asking about which tie to wear is one thing; constantly seeking validation is quite another.

And the bottom panel. I...don't know. I can't get upset about it. It seems like she's asking about a specific event (the "club dinner dance"), and part of her questioning is logical; is it an event for some sort of formal gown, or a regular dress? Plus, and I hate to stereotype, but a lot of times, it is easier for guys to figure out what to wear. As long as Migraina doesn't call Elpie for fashion tips every day, I don't thing there's a huge problem.

My big question here is, why is the husband named Anvil?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Chance said...

I'm guessing he's named Anvil because his migraine of a wife is like a hammer to him. Clang, clang, clang!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His name should be Advil. Because I usually have to take one after I read this strip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home