Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Of course you fell down, maam

There's so much wrong with today's strip. I would certainly hope that Barflow (a name which I assume makes him worse than Barfwell) is concerned about his wife. She just fell down the stairs! Good God! And she's not "speechless," Al, she's injured. I mean, her fall managed to upset the side table at the bottom of the stairs. This wasn't gentle.

Of course, I imagine Barflow would be pretty concerned. Judging from the bottom panel, he probably pushed her. He's so upset that he's actually knocking over the tables on either side of the chair he's in. Not that she looks like a prize herself--that's not just her talking about her day, she's angry. Look at how she's holding her arms. As one of the commenters over at the Comics Curmudgeon noted, the two panels should probably be reversed.

This is not a couple I want to get to know. To the point where I had to create an "abusive husband" tag.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv it

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Barflow" is probably meant to be read as "Barf-low", but it can also be parsed as "Bar-flow".

Not very interesting? Perhaps. But I wanted to increase the number of comments on this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home