Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Pompadour" should only be used when referring to Elvis

Today's strip is yet another when my only real response is "No." Nope, I've never noticed that. And no, I don't think it's particularly true. Not that the columnist photos are always particularly new, but I've never seen any horribly out-of-date like that. Not that I see a lot of newspaper columnists around. (Actually, maybe I do. The Metro station I get off at to come to work is the one closest to the Post. Hmm.)

Anyway, what's truly annoying about this strip is the expo box. Really, all it needed was the "And this is himself as he looks today in person." Actually, it could've just had "Rudyard Kipper today" with the arrow. Most of us are astute enough to notice the differences in appearance.

And again with the old office! Another typewriter! Noooo!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also: "et all"? "my veiw"?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Rob Carson said...

Loving the gigantic picture of Mr. Kipper. Two thirds of the page!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "et all" burned my eyes.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

In regard to the copy editing errors in today's square of crap:
If your job was to check the spelling for Scaduto, don't you think at some point, you'd just cease to give a damn? I know I would.
Think about it: The guy draws horribly, has views on society that date to 1946, and has to solicit readers for ideas. Would you enjoy working for that kind of idiot?
I think what we're seeing today is a little comic strip sabotage. A strike in the ranks of comic strip editors. Next to feel the wrath of the union (please, God?): Funky Winkerbean.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far I don't get the latest strip-
I thought she fell down the stairs and took the 'rendered speechless' that way.... or is she exhausted from his blanther and just a little faint?
I'm glad 'woman' doesn't show up like a "Shut up, woman!"
The whole living room's on a slanted edge.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Barb said...

frankie, no kidding. And it's not like his normal spelling are correct anyway. I wouldn't even bother, if I were his copy editor.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is there a one-foot photo of the guy in a newspaper that's three-feet tall?

What does a guy have to do to get a one-foot photo of himeself in a three-feet-tall newspaper? Because I'm willing to do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home