Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Seriously, doesn't Mr. Olaf look really nice?

I love that the carpenter/builder-type person in today's strip is named Mr. Olaf. I don't know why, but for some reason, that just totally makes me happy. Yes, I need help, but you already knew that.

And I'm totally distracted from the content of the strip by the fact that they're putting in built-in bookshelves. I dream of having a place with built-in bookshelves. My ideal house has a library. It would be so lovely. In movies or tv, if I see a place with built-in bookshelves, I start to fantasize about living there. There's this house on my way to the Metro that has them and now I totally want that house. When I lived in Richmond, our family room had them, but it was filled with my dad's books. My room when I lived in Connecticut had them, but I was too young to truly appreciate them.

(Shouldn't it be "bookshelves," not "book cases"? I think of book cases as being stand-alone pices of furniture.)

Where was I? Oh, the content. Whatever. Henpecked husband, domineering wife. Blah blah blah.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home