Friday, December 15, 2006

Kids say the darndest things

I'll give Al credit for today's strip; I just love the idea of kid not saying anything, then spewing all of that out. I think it's the happy expression on his face that gets me. I actually laughed. Too bad that we can't see a guy with a big, red nose, though. And neither of the women Wombo is facing looks particularly fat to me, either.

I'm trying to figure out the furniture. What exactly is it that Wombo is standing next to? I want to say a coffee table or something similar, but it's solid. An end table, maybe?

In a bit of sad news for Wombo, it looks like he doesn't age well. He goes from being a fairly cute kid (I think it's the hair) to a typical Scaduto teenager. Sad. And do small children really say "fa" instead of "fall"?

Anyway, we should just realize not to say anything like this in front of small children. If there's anything I've learned from pop culture, it's that they will speak up at the wrong time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger B said...

You have to love the Thanx to "No name or address please." Its like somewhere out there, someone was thinking "The Johnston's child is out of control! I just can't stay silent any longer. But what if they find out it was me? I better write in anonymously!"
And then Scaduto, rascal that he is, called them out for their cowardly ways rather than simply omit the Thanx to box.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like how it's "That 'crawl into a hole and die' department". It sounds either like he wants to distinguish it from another department by that name, or else it's as if he's saying "That department, over there past the door on the left." Alternatively, it could also be "You know, the department everybody's always talking about."

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time we met Wombo, wasn't he old enough to drive a car?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home